WELLth Movement gives back to the communities through corporate philanthropy: volunteer activity and/or financial giving.
In January 2004, the WELLth Learning Network* created the Minstrel Ways Fund, a permanent endowment fund at The Calgary Foundation. The Fund supports experience-based learning adventures connecting trees and children/youth living in Calgary and area; eventually around the world.
*WELLth Movement is the reinvention of WELLth Learning Network (January 2016).
In the same year, we supported one child through Plan Canada. Now we support five children.
The advisory board of the fund (from within the WELLth Movement) decides annually which charities will receive support.
Four percent of the funds’ market value is available to be granted.
You can make a contribution to the fund by forwarding a cheque to:
- The Calgary Foundation. 700, 999 8th Street SW. Calgary, AB. T2R 1J5.
- Please indicate on your cheque or covering letter that your gift is for the Minstrel Ways Fund.
- The Calgary Foundation will issue a charitable tax receipt for all donations greater than $25.00 to the fund (charitable BN #10807 4436 RR0001) …
- Thank you!
You can make a contribution to the Minstrel Ways fund online by
- Going to https://payment.csfm.com/donations/calgaryfoundation/
- When you go to the Calgary Foundation website to make your donation, click the radio button in front of “All Funds”, then enter “Minstrel Ways Fund” in the search box.
- Click search. Minstrel Ways Fund will appear in the “Select Fund” box.
- Continue on. Read the information about tax deductible receipts as you scroll to the bottom of the page where you add your name, contact coordinates and credit card information.
- Ensure the correct dollar amount is entered in the Donation Amount box.
- Click “Donate without e-card” button to complete your donation.
- Thank you!
Grant Distribution: To address current challenges, and to continue to meet its purpose, the Calgary Foundation will continue to be a sound steward of the assets gifted to it for the benefit of the community in perpetuity. To achieve the return objectives within acceptable risks, the Foundation will shift its asset mix to include alternative investments. To protect the endowment from erosion of capital, the Foundation will consider a reduction in distribution from 4.5% to 4% effective 2014.
Currently, it is on a rotation among the organizations below:
- Boys and Girls Club of Calgary, Camp Adventure 2005, 2008, 2011, 2016 http://www.calgaryboysandgirlsclub.ca
- Alberta Easter Seals Camp Horizon, Outdoor Program 2005, 2009, 2013 easterseals.ab.ca/CampSite/EasterSealsCampHorizon.aspx
- Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta, Camp Program 2006, 2010, 2014 kidscancercare.ab.ca
- CPAWS Southern Alberta, Education Program 2007, 2012, 2015 cpaws-southernalberta.org
About Plan Canada
We support five children through monthly funding to Plan Canada. The children live in China, Haiti, Guatemala, Guinea Bissau and Nepal.
Learn more about this organization or support a child in another country, click on this link: http://plancanada.ca … Thank you!
Make it a wellthy day …
How We Stay Connected
Get involved with the WELLth Movement …
Start by reading the free book:
9+1 Insights For Living From Your Life and Leadership Legacy