For years I was looking for a set of managing and leading truths I could lean into to remind me what I can do each day - I wrote them - here they are:
- Enroll persons to commit themselves to their great work … use work-related learning and development to engage the heart of the employees … involve customers and clients in the work as well
- Establish long term-term performance improvement (through leading) and productivity accomplishment (through managing) … create situations for validating competency to move from good performance to great performance … ensure leadership and management practices that facilitate involvement of all people
- Encourage people to think and do their best for the organization … provide reward and recognition, inspiration and motivation applicable to breakthroughs requested … match encouragement with organization culture
- Guide personal and organizational transition … sustain their involvement in career development as they work from their next job … seek to anticipate and prevent/predict rather than react and cure
- Share more clearly and intently inside and outside organization … speak to educate, listen to learn … ensure the communication message and medium is appropriate to the situation
- Make more informed decisions … ensure a participatory decision process balanced by quality decisions that have the likelihood of implementation … share the decisions openly answering ‘so-what and so-that’ questions without exception
- Frame leadership approaches helpful to each person - everyone … understand the science of leadership and the art of leading … understand how management is complementary to leadership just as managing is to leading
- Identify individual and professional areas to increase leadership and management action … recognize how and when to use leading/managing … discover how and when to be a leader/manager
- Equilibrate the helping and hindering elements of learning and organization (the act of organizing) … reflect on the strategic, structural and relational aspects of leadership/management in concert with learning and organization … evaluate the cultural background that exists and balance it against the culture you are working from
- Unify those involved around management practices and business principles that support leading the mission and vision of (the) organization … fashion and foster a compelling mission with vision that inspires and enthuses those involved … create a generative space through which to work at all times
Manage one statement a week & in ten weeks --> see what you have!
And let us know what happened via our Contact page (private) or add a comment below (public).
In association with Workforce Learning is to create the well-living workplace ...
Download the book: Creating the Well-Living Workplace for free. Click the image to the right -->
The book contains 139 insights - action_outcome statements at the organization level.
And if you want to go further faster, purchase the Well-Living Workplace online course.
Click here to learn more ...
In Closing Workplace Transition 0819 ...
You are invited to become involved ... and so - - - - your comments are appreciated below.
Today, how about using the social media buttons to share the blog post through your media channels?
To stay informed of all WELLth Movement programs and associated packages, projects and products - like Workplace Transition and #WorkplaceXTransition (#WPX) - add you First Name and Email in the boxes below to receive the monthly WELLthy NEWS ... first Monday of the Month.
Your email is used to distribute WELLthy NEWS only!
And you can unsubscribe at anytime.
We use a double opt-in system. Look for the confirmation email.
Upon confirmation, you'll be sent to a Confirmation Page where a gift awaits ))smiles
As we co-create well-living workplaces - places of work where we work well together - realize:
WELLth Movement guides inspired practitioners to become natural educators who deliver extraordinary experiences with their community of significance using eco-ethical architecture.
_ Managers and Leaders in organizations of all types, sizes, and locations
_ Parents & Grandparents looking to involve their children/grandchildren with nature
_ Facilitative Mentors
_ Navigators & Weavers
_ Employees & Customers
_ Children and Grandchildren
Community of Significance
_ Elevate groups and teams (departments/units) to communities of significance
_ Involve family and friends in nature-based activities to benefit of all & trees
_ use of Ecological Literacy
_ use of Ethical Decision-Making
_ use of language that evolves love and compassion in being for the world
We don’t believe in “get rich” programs – only in hard work, adding value, building a real and professional career, and serving others with excellence and constancy. Our products, services, and experiences – our programs/projects/packages – are intended to help you be for the world. Our programs take a lot of work and discipline just like any worthwhile endeavour or continuing education program. Please don’t enrol in our programs if you believe in the “money for nothing get rich quick” myth or ideology or "believe my life will shift because is the magical pill"; we only want serious people dedicated to real professional and personal development who want to add value and move humanity forward. As stipulated by law, we can not and do not make any guarantees about your ability to get results or earn any money with our ideas, information, tools or strategies. We don’t know you and, besides, your results in life are up to you. Agreed? We just want to help by giving great content, direction, and strategies. What we can guarantee is your satisfaction; we give you the Fairness Approach, so if you are not happy for any reason with the quality of our work, just ask for your money back. You should know that all programs by our company are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on this page, any of our websites, or any of our content or curriculum is a promise or guarantee of results or future earnings, and we do not offer any legal, medical, tax or other professional advice. Any financial numbers referenced here, or on any of our sites, are illustrative of concepts only and should not be considered average earnings, exact earnings, or promises for actual or future performance. Making decisions based on any information presented in our programs, should be done only with the knowledge that you could experience risk or losses. Use caution and always consult your accountant, lawyer, or professional/personal advisor before acting on this or any information related to a lifestyle change or your business or finances. You alone are responsible and accountable for your decisions, actions, and results in life, and by your registration here you agree not to attempt to hold us liable for your decisions, actions or results, at any time, under any circumstance. Anyway, all of our terms, privacy policies and disclaimers for this program and website can be accessed via this link. We feel transparency is important, and we hold ourselves (and you) to an incredibly high standard of integrity. That’s why we also put our disclaimers on all our pages, why we give you our contact information for any questions, and why we give you a 100% You Decide guarantee. Thanks for stopping by to use our programs. Until next time, make it a wellthy-wealthy day!