Tree Stories 3119 reviews the connection among servant leadership, service management, and steward leadership as it pertains to tree stories and tree trekking ...
Walked along a winding path looking at the terms:
Servant - servant leadership
Service - service leadership
Steward - steward leadership - stewardship
I wanted to see how they are connected?
And, are they the correct terms for Tree Stories, Tree Trekking, and Write for Shade?
As a visual learner - researcher - here is my starting map:
Adding insights from the map ...
AND KNOW, this is an article in process - your insights are appreciated ))smiles
Servant Leadership: at the crux of servant leadership is to lead as a servant - you lead by serving
Be --> Have --> Do
Main focus: EmployeeX
Greenleaf Centre for Servant Leadership
Wikipedia - Servant Leadership
Was Service Leadership ... after reading and thinking, better to use the term Service Management
Service Management: at the crux of service management is learn what it means to serve from the intention of serving by leading
Do --> Be --> Have
Main Focus: CustomerX
Was Steward Leadership ... and often seen as Stewardship, better to use Stewardship
Stewardship: at the crux of stewardship is weaving servant and service leadership from a higher perspective of the journey or eco-situation - about holding space to guard the bounded area from a higher perspective
Be <-- Have --> Do
Weaving servant inside out with service outside in - to steward the journey
Main Focus: Eco_EthicalX (Ecosystem)
Wikipedia - Stewardship
Wikipedia - Environmental Stewardship
As I unravelled, unpacked the three terms - I drew the following diagram. It illustrates the connection among the terms for a bounded space for which there is a need to manage and lead within and because of the space ...
The words media, message, and market are ways to think of interacting with the space ...
That is ...
- the Servant is challenged by the media yet understands the market and message - to lead
- the Service (the Server) is challenged by the message yet understands the media and market - to manage
- the Steward is challenged by market yet understands the media and message - to manage and lead
Example 1 ...
Bounded Space - your backyard with plants and trees, birdhouses and bird baths, children's toys and adult lounges ...
- You steward the space for all interactions - welcoming organic and inorganic elements
- You service the space by adding, altering, deleting, leaving what is necessary to keep the space available for all
- You serve all elements of the space to encourage interactions among all
Example 2 ...
Bounded Space - your neighbourhood park with trees and grass, swings and slides, and areas for play and organized sport
- You steward the space for all interactions - welcoming organic and inorganic elements - while you remain mindful of the degree of interaction you and others place on the space
- You service the space by adding, altering, deleting, leaving what is necessary to keep the space available for all - keeping the open space clean and safe to use even if you do not create the messes
- You serve all elements of the space to encourage interactions among all whatever the season - keeping the infrastructure workable
Example 3 ...
Bounded Space - your provincial, regional, national woodland and savannah with trees and grass, rivers and ponds, hiking trails and canoe routes
- You steward the space for all interactions - welcoming organic and inorganic elements - while you remain mindful of the degree of interaction you and others place on the space - ensuring timeless access
- You service the space by adding, altering, deleting, leaving what is necessary to keep the space available for all - keeping the open space clean and safe to use even if you do not create the messes - educating people about the use of the space
- You serve all elements of the space to encourage interactions among all whatever the season - keeping the infrastructure workable - helping others to enjoy the space while taking care of each other when assistance is required
From my head, heart, and hands ...
In a word
there is history
there is mystery
And there is presence
A space whatever its use
awareness of its purpose
be a servant - and lead
do the service - and manage
have the stewardship - and steward
In Closing this instalment of Tree Stories 3119 ...
You are invited to become involved ... and so - - - - your comments are appreciated below.
Today, how about using the social media buttons to share the blog post through your media channels?
And, you are one decision away from becoming a natural educator a facilitative mentor for your children's adventures with the natural world.
To stay informed of all WELLth Movement programs and associated packages, projects and products - like Write for Shade Movement (#W4S - #W4SMovement / Tree Trek Transition (#TTX - #TTXTransition) - add you First Name and Email in the boxes below to receive the monthly WELLthy NEWS ... first Monday of the Month.
Your email is used to distribute WELLthy NEWS only!
And you can unsubscribe at anytime.
We use a double opt-in system. Look for the confirmation email.
Upon confirmation, you'll be sent to a Confirmation Page where a gift awaits ))smiles
As we sit in the grove of trees know
WELLth Movement guides inspired practitioners to become natural educators who deliver extraordinary experiences with their community of significance using eco-ethical architecture.
_ Managers and Leaders in organizations of all types, sizes, and locations
_ Parents & Grandparents looking to involve their children/grandchildren with nature
_ Facilitative Mentors
_ Navigators & Weavers
_ Employees & Customers
_ Children and Grandchildren
Community of Significance
_ Elevate groups and teams (departments/units) to communities of significance
_ Involve family and friends in nature-based activities to benefit of all & trees
_ use of Ecological Literacy
_ use of Ethical Decision-Making
_ use of language that evolves love and compassion in being for the world
Pondering………servant leadership is the act of leading through service to others (family, community and organization). Service management is the management of the relationships that come from leading through service and stewardship provides the ethical guidelines that we lead through service to others.
Doug – appreciate your take … let’s see what others have to say ))smiles