Clarify your purpose of the/your reason for the mentoring arrangement from the outset
Clarify means "make a statement or situation less confused"
Therefore, to clarify - it's important to
(a) define the terms and concepts within the statement or situation; and more importantly,
(b) agree on those terms and concepts ...
What follows next is to "make the map"
Mentoring Arrangement is the structural preparations for the situation (mentoring) and then, the actions-processes of mentoring that take place in the situation ...
with the mentor taking the lead at first.
Eventually the mentoring arrangement is a shared accountability
Purpose of the mentoring arrangement ...
Purpose feels more soulful and spirtual in nature; more about identifying and creating something from the inside out
Suggest the mentor holds the purpose - until shared!
Reason for the mentoring arrangement ...
Reason summarizes the mental and physical requirements of the arrangement; more about logical judgments and justification from the outside in
Suggest the mentee holds the reason - until shared!
from the outset ... once you know a mentoring arrangement is unfolding -> between the mentor and the mentee
It's important - that together - you take a proactive approach to clarify the shared purpose and reason for the mentoring arrangement ...
In doing so, you step forward individually and together in ways that benefit each of you and the mentoring arrangement together
Look at #2 in the next post
- Clarify your purpose of/your reason for the mentoring arrangement from the outset
- Investigate together what each person seeks to learn, starting with the mentee
- Listen to each other’s words and watch each other’s actions to clarify what each person seeks/confirms from the connection
- Strengthen your trust in the mentoring relationship from start to finish
- Know trust is shared in a relationship where mutual recognition thrives
- Grow the mentoring relationship from the perspective of know thyself
- Convey delight in supporting each other’s mindset development via prove the success and improve the growth
- Celebrate the willingness to expand the concepts and improve the practices of your expertise
- Appreciate the time and effort necessary to ensure an extraordinary mentoring arrangement
- Utilize problem inquiry and appreciative inquiry to guide your conversations
- Remain open to the decision-making process instead of narrowing to an impulsive response
- Explore the various angles of suggested responses in favor of co-creating wise practices
- Interpret the requirements and requests each of you has during your time together
- Recognize truthfulness develops from access to adequate or total information that both parties can use to assist each other
- Formulate inquiries of each other in action-based statements that allow for measurement
- Organize the boundary of your topic dialogue
- Prioritize the issues open for review and reinvention without initial direction
- Frame the informal and incidental learning activities thought useful to stimulate experience-based learning
- Outline your realistic outcomes
- Establish intentions for the conversation and ensuing results
- Share stories and directives that lead to crafting goals to guide the mentoring arrangement
- Collaborate in the fulfillment of each other’s commitments
- Demonstrate assertiveness and cooperation in all interactions
- Keep promises to improve, focus, and strengthen the mentoring arrangement during and in-between meetings
- Navigate experiences through learning for action
- Customize experiences to highlight the learning objective
- Customize activities to formulate the mentee’s questions and the mentor’s answers
- Determine which actions are appropriate to move learning forward, according to the joint decisions
- Model honesty and fairness in nurturing a caring relationship
- Communicate ways that foster conversations
- Encourage diversity without judgment
- Further what each person brings to the mentoring arrangement
- Commit to self-concept awareness while engaged with another
Over the weeks that follow, I'll add some thoughts to each action_outcome statement ...
And I would enjoy your thoughts as well ... Your edits (add, alter, delete) are appreciated.
International Mentoring Community
You are invited to become involved ... and so - - - - your comments are appreciated below.
Today, how about using the social media buttons to share the blog post through your media channels?
WELLth Movement guides inspired practitioners to become natural educators who deliver extraordinary experiences with their community of significance using eco-ethical architecture for movement and profitability.
_ Managers and Leaders in organizations of all types, sizes, and locations
_ Parents & Grandparents looking to involve their children/grandchildren with nature
_ Facilitative Mentors
_ Navigators & Weavers
_ Instructive Coaches
_ Employees & Customers
_ Children and Grandchildren
Community of Significance
_ Elevate groups and teams (departments/units) to communities of significance
_ Involve family and friends in nature-based activities to benefit of all & trees
_ use of Ecological Literacy
_ use of Ethical Decision-Making
_ use of language that evolves love and compassion in being for the world
Movement - fit of what you do in the physical - social movement before you
Profitability - the type of ways you benefit from the work and associated movement