Celebrant: EXtraordinary EXperiences (EX2)
All genuine education comes through experience [but] â€¦not all experiences are genuinely or equally educative.
John Dewey (American Educator, 1859-1952)
When I read this quote in the mid 1990s, feelings of underwhelm washed through me. Because I got it at a deep visceral level. I had been an Natural Educator since I started work. However, I'd not paid that much attention to "experience."
It was a wake-up call!
And so, here I am today connecting Natural Educator with Extraordinary Experiences.
That is connecting Elder & Mentor with Celebrant!
Possibility Exists in Every Handshake as
You Deliver Extraordinary Experiences
~ Dr. Stephen Hobbs
Extraordinary Experiences Defined
Experience has three meanings:
(Noun) = the experience
(Verb) = to experience
(Outcome) = lived experience vis a vis to experience the experience
Experience is about the "practical contact with and observation of facts and events that leave an impression"
- my experience of the Taj Mahal at sunrise was a painting in action
Experience is about encountering and participating an event
- I set up my visit to the Taj Mahal to experience the sunrise painting the building
Experience is about the feeling, the livedness of the event
- years later, I still remember the sunrise painting the Taj Mahal as I walked the grounds that morning (the lived experience)
The Blueprint, The Actions, The Nurturing, the Knowledge Useful to the Delivery of Extraordinary Experiences (EX2)
As a Natural Educator who delivers Extraordinary Experience (EX2) You Ease Into the World of Celebrant.
As a Celebrant: Extraordinary Experiencees you offer a customized service (where a service is a customized product) that involves 9+1 elements of which three are listed here:
- experience-based learning and educating â€“ use experience-based learning, and educating tools and techniques in the delivery of the EX2 in full disclosure of learning outcomes, objectives and activities
- emergence â€“ to leverage what each other learns from from the EX2 individually and collectively via eco-creation (ecological co-creation)
- extension â€“ to continue beyond what was experienced during the EX2 re: what is useful for life via work, health voluntarism and/or leisure
The features of the EX2 are
- Workable â€¦ practical, feasible, realistic
- Dramatic â€¦ considerable, noticeable, sensational
- Novel â€¦ original, fresh, imaginative
- Consequential â€¦ relatable, far-reaching, significant
- Metaphoric â€¦ figurative, symbolic, representative
- Transferable â€¦ interchangeable, assignable, negotiable
- Safer â€¦ protected, secure, shielded
And at its core EX2 involves a person (a participant of the EX2) or persons (your community) with each person as an individual or each person in a grouping) who is aware of what happens to her/him within, without, between, together, and beyond.
- Within â€¦ Aware of what shifted personally
- Without â€¦ Aware of how s/he participated
- Between â€¦ Aware of the resistance he/she overcame to involve himself/herself with others
- Together â€¦ Aware of the co-emergence that occurred with others
- Beyond ... Aware of its remembrance as a guiding light, a touchstone for decision making
A sample of the outcomes/benefits of an EX2 are:
- customized programming that meets the needs and desires of the community where they are and taken to where they decide to journey
- enhanced motivation, inspiration, concentration, problem inquiry, appreciative inquiry, performance, productivity, achievement, accomplishment through invigorating and memorable activities
- improved understanding of personal development and growth, and camaraderie within an increasingly collaborative world
- increased ability to move beyond barriers and obstacles to achieve personal and group targets/results/outcomes
- enhanced transfer of metaphorical concepts and practices to practical application
- enhanced valuing and appreciation of oneâ€™s own capabilities and competence, and talents and gifts shared with others
Click here for our Contact Page ... we enjoy reading your comments and answering your questions