Learning Knowing Canadian Trees Larch
WELLcoming Larch Trees into Your Life
Explore and discover the Larch tree from the mountain ecosystem.
Learn - Know - Celebrate - Write - Share about Larch Trees
Larch Trees are the Educators of Nature - Listen Well!
For March 2021: Larch
- Mar 14, 2021 - Introduction
- Mar 17, 2021 - How the Larch Serves Nature
- Mar 24, 2021 - Metaphoric Meaning
- Mar 31, 2021 - Showing Larch Some Love
Join a Tree Adventures (Tree Planting) Program - we encourage you to plant - fund the planting of trees, & then walk among them - any where in the world!
Larch is a Deciduous Conifer - in other words, it loses its needles in winter
Larch -- Larix Genus
Types of Larch trees
Hand drawing - Stephen Hobbs, January 2021
Found in cooler, temperate, Northern climates
High slopes of Southern climates
Not a showy tree when in green;
However as it prepares for winter, it's yellowish color in the panorama of green offers another story - see pic below
Guide to the Common Native Trees and Shrubs of Alberta. Government of Alberta -- Pg. 24 - Tamarack
Blog Article with TreeCanada.ca
Alberta Forest Genetic Research Council - refers to Alpine Larch and Tamarack
How the Larch Serves Nature - Humans
How the Larch Tree Serves:
- Use as fence posts and building material (more durable than most softwoods)
- Use as flooring for barns - natural rot resistant
- As a pioneer species - that returns after fire
- For building of yachts and boats - boat planking
- Can become bonsai trees and ornamental trees in gardens when shaped
Article: For the Love of Larch
Metaphoric Meaning: Larch
The Metaphor Meaning of Larch
- Connection - nature and you so you can recover, rest, rejuvenate
- As a World Tree(Siberia) - serves as a "Ladder to the Skies"
- Here "... to nurture our soul until we are ready to see that we are the ones we have been waiting for"
Website support for above: Spiritual meaning of Larch
Some personal thoughts:
- As a deciduous conifer, I'm reminded of the two ends of a stick ... in that the Larch holds two perspectives - in dynamic balance which suggests a reason for its metaphor meaning as connector
- It's yearly story on the landscape of moving from green to yellow to without to green is striking when witnessed - a story of transition
- And, it reminds me of what to let go (fall and winter) and what to keep (spring and fall) ... the necessary cycle of cleaning the story of my mind in support of my soul and spirit, and my contribution-connection with the wholverse (whole verse rather than uni verse)
Giving Larch Some Love
Jump over to Google - in the search bar: type in Larch ... and you'll see a forest of pics and videos like those below.
Also, I added a few images and articles you might enjoy - all in the effort of showing Larch some LOVE!
If you have images - stories - videos that would inform others about the Story of the Larch Tree ...
Please use the Contact Form and we''ll make arrangements to add them to this page with attribution to you!
In celebration of the Larch Tree - TU!
A tree thought... and when somewhere becomes popular, then care is required when walking among the trees and terrain. Remain alert to your wild kin and the interactions you have with them.
When you listen you learn; where you share you educate ...
"A truer truism to be truthfully told by all travellers"
The button to the right takes you to World Trees - those we write about while welcoming the insights and stories from persons around the world.
The button to the right takes you to Canadian Trees - those we write about while welcoming the insights and stories from persons around the world.
Trees are the truth tellers of what was, what is, and what can be.
We're committed to support your wise allocation of time, effort, & money as you involve yourself in "children and trees" programs locally and globally.
You’ll not be added to any email list.
We’ll simply organize our conversation.
Client Testimonial 1:
1 to 1 Facilitative Mentoring
Dr. Stephen Hobbs has helped me to articulate my business vision in much greater detail than I was able to initially explain. His attention to the meaning behind words is profound, as he is able to create a deep richness through making subtle changes to words and sentence structure. This richness added depth and value to my existing content. Steve told me not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear, in a supportive and encouraging way. Steve taught me how to build a stronger foundation for my course platform, to deeply enrich the quality of the content provided, along with a tangible strategy for how to execute an implementation plan using a mentoring approach. I would highly recommend Steve to anyone looking to increase the value of their existing course content or for anyone starting out and needing a solid structure to base their material on.