73 Ways to Deal with a Sticky Situation Through Leveraging Your Stick-To-It-Ness Business Decisions 18-01:
Business Decisions 18-01 = 1st in the Work Well Together series
You may be stuck (stuckness) or experiencing a situation that is not fulfilling your personal hierarchy of values nor matching the organizational values (sticky situation).
Because of this stuckness and/or sticky situation it’s useful to identify the measure of stickiness you require to deal with the stuckness and/or impact/reduce/eliminate the sticky situation.
Therefore, the actions you decide to apply bring forward your “stick-to-it-ness.
Path Forward for Your Stick-To-It-Ness:
- To frame and learn moves you ahead.
- Make a decision from what you framed and learned moves you forward even more.
- To action your decision results in your outcomes. Now you are really moving forward.
- Therefore, your outcomes are from what you frame and learn for making ethical decisions you action for the outcomes you ___ … and so, the flywheel is in motion.
Now, you are unstoppable!
73 Actions To Leverage Your Stick-To-It-Ness
The 73 actions suggested below can apply at work, when volunteering, while recreating, for health, with family and friends, enthusing work colleagues, answering customer and client questions, and dealing with pesky irritants wherever you might encounter them.
Use one at a time.
Use “n” actions in combinations.
You have so many actionable pathways to move forward that you do not have enough days in your life to use them all.
And so …
- Act in a non-threatening way
- Act with prudence and wisdom build on experience shared
- Announce decisions and be ready to back off
- Appreciate different ways of getting things done
- Arouse connection within the conversation
- Ask and offer before develop and deliver
- Ask for commitment
- Ask others to resolve their disagreements themselves
- Ask others who disagree with you for their opinion
- Be a group/team player
- Be an advocate
- Be aware if kindness and empathy are working
- Be clear and simple in presentation
- Be considerate
- Be guided by self-worth
- Be helpful; add value to the conversation
- Be responsive rather than reactive
- Be socially responsible
- Be willing to compromise or attempt another course of action
- Be willing to relinquish leading or managing
- Be willing to transition and adapt
- Build a coalition and move forward unilaterally
- Champion ideas
- Come to the situation ready to be surprised
- Communicate frequently
- Connect through organization values
- Consider what you want from this situation
- Creep up carefully on the use of authority
- Decide how far to go and stick to that
- Disclose useful information
- Do nothing
- Emphasize gains when the other person fears loss
- Establish decision rules
- Explain the issues and ideas in ways others may understand
- Find and involve those who care about the issue
- Find another job
- Force involvement
- Get advocates involved
- Get input from different perspectives and constituencies
- Give encouragement and reinforcement
- Hold honesty and trustworthiness as key values in the conversation
- Identify resistance and resistors
- Identify the issue (whether as a problem or appreciation)
- Include others in this conversation
- Invest in relationship in terms of time
- Keep objectives limited
- Keep the conversation in the front of the person
- Keep the doors open
- Lobby when you need to
- Make the long perspective well known and lobby for it
- Put your foot down when necessary
- Recognize and let go of your biases
- Recognize differences in opinions
- Recognize the political situation and work within it
- Recognize what others want and need
- Recognize your emotions in this situation
- Recognize your motives and the other’s motives
- Recognize your viewpoint
- Remain cooperative while being assertive
- Shift the reward and recognition system
- Show concern for others feelings
- Suggest an educational update for one or both
- Take care of yourself, and then take care of others
- Take time to collect all points of view
- Take time to identify alternative solutions
- Treat others with respect
- Use a trial balloon
- Use dialogue before discussion before debate
- Use roundtables where possible
- Voice caution when the other party acts abruptly
- Wait and see
- Widen the community of those concerned
- Withhold information and see what happens
Example for #BusinessDecisions,
As You Work Well Together:
At work, you’ve assessed group productivity is low.
You decide to follow this pathway 72 + 51 + 43 + 21 ...
Review this pathway.
What would happen if you followed one of these pathways:
51 + 43 + 72 + 21
21 + 72 + 51 + 43
43 + 51 + 21 + 72
Switch out 43 for 3 in each combination. Now what happens?
Best wishes in the use of these actions to improve, focus and strengthen your stick-to-it-ness - for your business decisions.
Moving the 73 Ways Into Your Life = #LifeLessons
Over the next 14 days (if you want to include weekends).
On Day 1:
Copy actions one 1 through 10 onto a page
Space them down the page
Explore the relevance of each one to your stuckness and/or to a sticky situation
Keep those that resonate with you (create your Action Resonance List)
Park the others on another page to revisit another time (call it a Parking Lot List)
Select one from the Action Resonance List - make it happen!
On Day 2:
Repeat steps under Day 1 with actions 11 through 20.
On Day 3:
Repeat for actions 21 through 30.
Continue till Day 7 using 71 through 73.
On Day 8 - reflect on the actions you taken - how is your life today?
For Days 9 through 13, fine tune - wash-rinse-repeat you selected actions.
On Day 14 - reflect on the actions you taken - how is your life today?
Start a new 14-day cycle!
Along the way you may identify additional actions.
Add them to either of the lists you’ve created:
- The Action Resonance List to leverage your Stick-To-It-Ness
- The Parking Lot List to review later when list A needs a refit
Share your insights with us … we’ll continue to learn together!
To Work Well Together involves your stick-to-it-ness!
Managing - Leading Mentoring in the Workplace
eBook ... Dr. Stephen Hobbs
Click image to the right to access Amazon Kindle and PDF versions of the book
Are you an entrepreneur operating a small to medium size business with employees or an entrepreneurial mentor - facilitator - coach - consultant, & you determine...
It's Time to Work Well Together as YOU Make an Extraordinary Business Pivot to Deliver Your Products, Services, and Experiences in Smarter Ways, to Larger Audiences, with Better Conversion and Completion Rates?
Business Pivot is a conscious, organizational realignment all stakeholders communicate through the commitments they make and keep.
And, your personal commitment to the business pivot begins and continues from the point where and when you communicate accountability for your action_outcomes.
When you work with WELLth Movement, we guide you to Map, Manage, and Measure Why and How to Work Well Together through Your Business Pivot as YOU Deliver Your Products, Services, and Experiences on a Local - Regional - National - Continental - Global basis!
Use our Integrated Management-Leadership System to obtain ISO certification combined with customer and employee competence verification.
We don’t believe in “get rich” programs – only in hard work, adding value, building a real and professional career, and serving others with excellence and constancy. Our products, services, and experiences – our programs – are intended to help you share your message with a wider audience and to make a difference in the world while growing your personal brand, business, and/or workplace. Our programs take a lot of work and discipline just like any worthwhile endeavour or professional continuing education program. Please don’t enrol in our programs if you believe in the “money for nothing get rich quick” myth or ideology; we only want serious people dedicated to real professional development who want to add value and move humanity forward. As stipulated by law, we can not and do not make any guarantees about your ability to get results or earn any money with our ideas, information, tools or strategies. We don’t know you and, besides, your results in life are up to you. Agreed? We just want to help by giving great content, direction, and strategies. What we can guarantee is your satisfaction; we give you a Fairness Approach, so if you are not happy for any reason with the quality of our work, just ask for your money back. You should know that all programs by our company are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on this page, any of our websites, or any of our content or curriculum is a promise or guarantee of results or future earnings, and we do not offer any legal, medical, tax or other professional advice. Any financial numbers referenced here, or on any of our sites, are illustrative of concepts only and should not be considered average earnings, exact earnings, or promises for actual or future performance. Making decisions based on any information presented in our programs, should be done only with the knowledge that you could experience risk or losses just like any entrepreneurial endeavor. Use caution and always consult your accountant, lawyer, or professional advisor before acting on this or any information related to a lifestyle change or your business or finances. You alone are responsible and accountable for your decisions, actions, and results in life, and by your registration here you agree not to attempt to hold us liable for your decisions, actions or results, at any time, under any circumstance. Anyway, all of our terms, privacy policies and disclaimers for this program and website can be accessed via this link. It’s basic stuff — don’t think you’re guaranteed to make money easily or at all, consult professionals before starting/operating businesses, understand there is risk in being an entrepreneur, etc — but we feel transparency is important, and we hold ourselves (and you) to an incredibly high standard of integrity. That’s why we also put our disclaimers on all our pages, why we give you our contact information for any questions, and why we give you a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Thanks for stopping by to us our programs. Until next time, make it a wellthy-wealthy day.
Business Decisions 18-01
edited version from September 2015